If you’ve recently grown a beard, or you’re a long-time proud owner of a beard, you’ll likely have heard of beard oil. It’s the big first step in beard care (or, as we call it around here, beardcraft). Specially designed to moisturize and soften beards, it’ll also give the skin below your fuzz a healthy drop of hydration too!
Indeed, each oil in these potent potions works miracles – there’s definitely a bit of beard sorcery going on.
But what are the benefits specifically? How does beard oil help your beard and skin? And what in the name of magic is going on?
Beard oil: The Awesome Benefits
Most beards, when grown rough and ready, don’t look at their best. Unlike your scalp, beard hair follicles are thicker and scragglier. That leaves your natural beard looking less Boromir and more like Hagrid. But apply a little bit of beard oil daily, and you’ll solve that conundrum. Here are the key benefits:
- Full beard: By moisturizing the hairs, beard oil leaves your mane looking fuller and lusher. Some even claim beard oil promotes beard growth –the science remains inconclusive, however. With a daily application, your beard will have a healthy shine.
- Smells amazing: Rather than slapping on the cologne, the finest beard oils here at Beard Sorcery impart a strong masculine scent that’ll have all the ladies' attention.
- Moisturize your skin: Beard oil isn’t an either-or. It tames your beastly beard and moistures your underlying skin, preventing beardruff (flaking skin) and itchiness.
Indeed, the power of beard oil is in its moisturizing abilities. Even oily skin needs to be nourished and moisturized. Those with acne can also opt for beard oils rich in antibacterial and anti-inflammatory ingredients, like hemp seed oil (renowned for its effects on eczema).
Merlin’s beard! That’s amazing.
Beardcraft: How to use beard oil?
If you’ve never used beard oil before, follow these simple tips. Before you know it, you’ll have mastered the art of beardcraft.
Beard oil must be used daily, or at least every other day. That way, you keep your beard hydrated.
- Add three to five drops in the palm of your hands.
- Begin massaging the beard in a downward motion, making sure to work the oil deep into the hairs. (Do not attempt with a wet beard.)
- If necessary, use a comb or brush to spread the oil throughout the beard evenly. More hair naturally means more oil is needed.
- Give your beard your distinctive style and flair.
That’s all there is to it.
What’s in Beard Sorcery’s beard oil?
Whether you’ve opted for Stealth Craft or Druid’s Mist, all our mystical beard oils contain a few key ingredients. These include:
- Virgin Argan oil
- Pure Jojoba oil
- Almond oil
- Apricot Kernel oil
- Avocado oil
- Pumpkin Seed oil
- Hemp Seed oil
- Grapeseed oil
- Vitamin E oil
Then, each oil has its own unique Premium Grade Fragrance oils to give it that distinct scent.
These oils are split into two key categories:
- Carrier Oils: Full of nutrients, they moisturize and hydrate skin and hair. Typically extracted from nuts and seeds, they’re unlikely to cause allergic reactions.
- Essential oils: Extracted from natural ingredients like plants, flowers, fruits, or wood, they needed to be diluted for topical application. That’s the job of the carrier oil. However, in small doses, essential oils have incredible medicinal benefits.
We’ll cover the amazing effects of the oils in our products in a later article. But needless to say, they’re each phenomenal in their own right.
So, which oil are you going to try?